Making your own coffee at home is good but what is even better is to grind your coffee at home before brewing it. A freshly ground coffee is bound to taste much better than a stored ground coffee and the best part is that you can adjust it to your taste too. You can alter the taste of your coffee by grinding it into different sizes. So what are you waiting for? Go and get your own coffee grinder now.
There are mainly three types of grinders that you can consider:
This type of coffee grinders come with a burr but it is not electrically powered and requires you to manually rotate it to grind your coffee. This is not only a cheap way to grind your coffee but also a quiet and efficient to produce ground coffee. With this type of grinder, you get the chance to handle your own ground coffee and produce it the way you like without burning a hole in your pocket. Sure it would take some effort and your time but at the end, it would be completely worth it.
It is also easy to wash as the parts can be easily detached which makes this a popular option for most people. All you have to do is fill the grinder with coffee beans and then turn the burr for 2-3 minutes and your ground coffee will be ready. Also, since there is no need for temperature settings, you can be assured that your coffee will taste and smell delicious.You can also check out the best rated espresso machines for home use .
One of the most popular types of the coffee grinder, a blade grinder is convenient and affordable and is known to produce a perfectly ground coffee. With this coffee grinder, you need to be careful about not overloading the grinder and would need to run a few short bursts before you get an evenly ground coffee. There is one drawback with this grinder that sometimes it can over grind the coffee beans which could lead to a bitter tasting coffee.
This grinder uses a high-speed metal blade which can produce high heat and destroy the coffee aroma while grinding the coffee. It is not easy to clean this grinder but it does make excellent drip coffee and French press.
This is the best coffee grinder for all those people who are looking for a perfect coffee in both taste and smell. With an electric burr grinder, you can be sure that the coffee will be delicious and consistent and you get an option to choose your coffee setting too. So, if you are looking for an efficient and durable grinder, then a burr grinder is the one for you.
Although these don’t come cheap, they are completely worth the investment as they are made of metal and are made to last. They also produce less heat which helps in preserving the coffee aroma and their washable grinder parts just make them a popular choice for most serious coffee drinkers. So, if you are looking for a one-time long investment to produce good quality ground coffee, then the best rated grind and brew coffee maker has to be an Electric burr grinder, that’ll work out the best for you.
Is your faucet leaking again? Are you tired of hearing the non-stop sound of drop splattering on the floor? Well, then it is time to get your tools out and fix the leaking kitchen faucet yourself. If you prolong this moment, you will only end up losing more water and soon enough it will turn into an even bigger problem. Not sure how to proceed with it?
Just follow these simple steps and your kitchen faucet will be fixed in no time. It took me about 45 minutes to do so with 0 plumbing experience and shouldn’t take you any longer either. In case it’s past the point of the fixture, you can find the best faucets for 2017 at https://homeguyd.com/best-kitchen-faucets-reviews.
Tools I used:
- Adjustable wrench or C-wrench
- Flat-head screwdriver
- Penetrating oil, like WD-40/CRC
- Replacement washers and O-rings
Steps to follow
- The first step would be to turn off the water supply to your faucet to ensure that the water doesn’t spill out when you are trying to fix the faucet. All you have to do it just twist the handles which are connected to the water supply beneath the sink in the clockwise direction to shut it off.
- Empty your sink of any residual water by using a sink plug or a rag as you don’t want the residual water to fall down and interrupt your work.
- Figure out which type of Faucet do you own. There can be various types of kitchen faucets installed in your kitchen and determining which type of faucet you have is important. If you own a compression faucet, you will notice it on sight with its two screw handles, one each for hot and cold water respectively. Other types of faucets will have a single swiveling arm which would be used to get both cold and hot water. But if you have other types of faucets, you might need to dismantle the faucet before you can determine which type of faucet it is because other faucets have different internal mechanisms. For example, ball faucets contain a ball bearing while cartridge faucets contain a cartridge with a decorative cap and ceramic-disk faucet contains a ceramic cylinder.
- Now remove the handle of the faucet and remove the decorative cap if necessary.
- Once you have removed the handle, time to unscrew the nut beneath the handle with the help of the wrench. Then you will find a stem underneath it which lies on an O-ring which in turn lies on a seat washer. The most likely reason for your faucet leaking is that this rubber seat washer has been worn out and needs to be replaced.
- Once the nut has been unscrewed, you need to pull out the step. This will allow you to take a better look at the O-ring and the seat washer. In case the dripping was from the faucet handle, then you will need to replace the O-ring as well.
- Unscrew the upside-down screw from the seat washer to remove it and keep it aside. Once you have removed the old seat washer, time to install a new one in its place. So make sure you buy a seat washer of the correct size for the replacement and use plumber’s grease before installing it.
- Once all this is done and you have successfully installed the new seat washer, reassemble all the parts of the faucet and test its working now. If there are no leakages anymore, then your work is done and you can finally relax now.